This morning, we take our other big walking tour, this time of the Federal Triangle:
- National Gallery of Art: Zodiac symbols on the Mellon Fountain.
- Dept of Justice: Capt. Nathan Hale, Ars Boni and Ars Aequi
- National Archives: Past and Future Statues and the Recorder of the Archives.
- EPA building: The Four Elements.
- Department of Commerce:The Four Elements.
- Old Post Office:Ben Franklin Statue.
- Department of the Post Office: The Spirit of Progress and Civilization.
- DC Mayor office: Law and Justice.
- Freedom Plaza: Great Seal, map of the city and statue of Brigadier General Count Casimir Pulanski.
- Lafayette Park
- White House
- 1st. Division Memorial: Gold Nike statue
- National Academy of Science and Engineering: Bronze door plate with Aristotle, four bronze doors with zodiac carvings, and ceiling of the Great Hall with zodiac carvings.
- Washington Monument
We’ll stop for lunch along the way.
This evening, we will take a Sunset Monuments of Washington cruise up the Potomac, followed by our farewell dinner at Gadsby’s Tavern in Old Town Alexandria. Dine on George Washington’s very favorite dinner in a place frequented by the man himself – this restaurant has been around as long as our country has!
Meals included Day 5: Breakfast, Dinner