Most people travel for vacation or for work. Then there are those who travel because it’s a calling; they need to visit that place, that country, even if they have no idea why. Maybe it’s because they read about it as a kid, or have heard stories from other people who visited, or maybe it’s somewhere they lived in a past life. Whatever the reason, they just have to go. That’s where Spirit Quest Tours comes in. We offer life-changing travel to exotic locales all over the world. So we know the reasons people take spiritual trips — well, a lot of them, anyway. Here are the top 7 reasons, even needs, that we’ve seen make people take spiritual tours:
7) Traveling to a place with a different culture can make you really appreciate your own. When we go to places like Bali or South Africa, we can see the rest of the world, the one where there isn’t a Target in every suburb – where there isn’t even a suburb. Being outside of our usual community, and outside of America, can make us really appreciate what we’ve got.
6) Traveling outside your comfort zone expands your boundaries and your horizons. While this is related to the reason above, it differs in that stretching yourself can make you grow, and there’s no better way to do that than a spiritual tour visiting a country where English is not the first language (or perhaps even spoken — though it is the “Lingua Franca” of modern day. Or where perhaps the toilet facilities aren’t what you’re used to, nor is the food, nor the sounds of the forest – and you find it pushing all your buttons. Sure it’s uncomfortable at first, but eventually, you will find that you are a better person for it – more tolerant, perhaps, or at least have some really interesting stories.
5) Spiritual travel can help you get over the hump. Transitions – we’ve all got them. You’ve left that job and now you’re considering a career change. Or you’ve left that old relationship behind. This is a chance to bridge that gap and give yourself permission to dream for a moment, create your future, and step into the abyss to see where you land. “Leap, and the net will appear” is one of my favorite expressions.
4) A spiritual tour group can help you meet new friends, bond with like-minded people, and see a richer itinerary than one you might seek out on your own. In other words, you can have a deeper experience than on just any old vacation.
3) Spiritual travel gives you room to remember who you are. Sure, you’re a parent, a colleague, a gardener, a hobbyist. But you’re also a dreamer, a thinker, an artist. Get back to the truth of you by taking some time away from your daily life – part vacation/part retreat.
2) It gives you a chance to look at the 60,000 foot view of your life. Sure life’s going along okay. But remember when you didn’t just have plans, but dreams? A Spiritual tour can help you focus on those dreams again, remember them, and take time to put them into plans of action that you can take home with you.
1) It helps you heal. We’ve seen this one over and over again. My favorite story is the widow who called us after she got home and said she would now celebrate her husband’s life, and no longer mourn his passing. What a shift! This is the kind of thing that makes me grateful for my work every time!